Brazil Social Innovation Journey
Join a group of international leaders on a once-in-a-lifetime journey to Brazil. Visit the individuals and organisations that are pioneering social innovation; get new insights on combining profit and purpose; make valuable connections; return equipped to make more impact in the world.
Brazil finds itself at a remarkable time in its history. A rapidly rising economy exists alongside the paradoxes of inequality and poverty. This context has provided fertile ground for remarkable social innovation – in public services, in corporates and in the burgeoning social sector.
Join a pioneering group on our first journey to Brazil.Express your interest now
What you will gain
- Practical insights on innovation, leadership and new business models to accelerate your career and your organisation’s growth
- New opportunities for international partnerships and collaborations, through high-value relationships with senior leaders from a broad range of organisations
- A unique view into the Brazilian culture and a greater understanding of its role as an increasingly powerful global player
- Inspiration and perspective on how you can create greater profit and impact in the world
Our journey will maximize your time – immersing you in the highest levels of leadership and innovation and providing you with valuable insights and connections. Many of the ventures you will visit have won awards and have been heralded as global models.
To understand how Social Innovation is taking place in Brazil we have chosen four different, yet interdependent dimensions or lenses to interact: social business entrepreneurs, venture capital/startup accelerators, community initiatives and large companies/public policies.
*Please expect small changes on the itinerary as we build up the best agenda for the journey.
- A visit to Transition Town Brasilândia, a slum located on the north zone of São Paulo, which is the first low-income community in transition in the world. This process involves the transformation of local society across sectors: the economy, health, environment, and culture.
- A visit to Natura, the Brazilian leading manufacturer and marketer of beauty and cosmetic products. The company is an icon of a great place to work and has consistently being showcased globally for its successful practices on sustainability and shared value – bringing to practice the theory of great researches such as Peter Senge and Michael Porter.
- A visit to A Banca, a sociocultural producer within a slum area in Sao Paulo, that organizes Hip Hop music events, like DJ and MC's workshops, as tools for the inclusion of socially vulnerable youth.
- An evening at The HUB Sao Paulo with Artemisia, a pioneer in building ecosystems for social business and Vox Capital, a venture capital fund that invests in innovative, high-potential businesses that contribute to reducing poverty.
- Heading out from Sao Paulo, we will visit an extraordinary rural Afro-descendent community located in the Atlantic Rainforest. Home to some of the most beautiful beaches and nature landscapes in Brazil, Quilombo do Campinho is an example of cultural diversity, community engagement and citizenship thriving on the basis of sustainable tourism.
- A visit to Coca-Cola, the world known beverage company heads Coletivo Coca-Cola Project, a benchmark of shared value practice. It consists of many social initiatives that involve recycling, income generation, and empowerment of young people in the communities all over Brazil.
- A visit to Santa Marta Community, an iconic slum in Rio de Janeiro that despite the typical challenges of a low-income community has been able to cultivate a sense of pride and happiness in their everyday lives.
Previous participants have included senior leaders in the private, public and civil society sectors, social entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, policy makers, philanthropists and academics.
- Social sector participants: from $4,700
- Corporate participants: from $6,300
- Couples can avail 15% discount on the full amount
*Costs are all-inclusive on the ground in Brazil.
We have a limited number of discounted scholarship places for exceptional individuals that are genuinely unable to meet the full fee.
The application deadline is 30 April 2014.
Learn more & apply
To learn more about this opportunity, download our journey brochure. Then express your interest by filling out the brief form below. Places are strictly limited, so we strongly recommend registering your interest early to avoid disappointment.