Join a remarkable journey to learn from India's most inspiring social entrepreneurs
Express your interest now
- Be inspired by some of India's most exciting social entrepreneurs
- Get practical insights on innovation, leadership and new business models to accelerate your career and your organisation’s growth
- Make valuable new connections
- Get new perspective on how you can create greater profit and impact in the world
Join a group of international leaders for a unique 8-day immersive journey to learn from some of India's most exciting social entrepreneurs.
You'll take part in site visits where you'll meet the founders of each venture, their staff and beneficiaries; you'll discuss, debate and reflect with your fellow participants; and you'll have an opportunity to enjoy the magnificent culture of the region.
Our aim is that you'll leave inspired, connected and better equipped to create profit and impact in your work.
- A visit to Barefoot College (www.barefootcollege.org), which trains rural poor to innovate their way out of poverty. It does this through ‘barefoot solutions’ including solar energy, water, education and health care. Since launch, Barefoot College has served three million people who live on less than $1 per day. Its founder, Bunker Roy, received the Schwab Social Entrepreneurship Award in 2002, the Ashden Award for Sustainable Energy in 2003 and the Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship in 2005.
- A visit to D.Light (www.dlightdesign.com), whose mission is to enable households without reliable electricity to attain the same quality of life as those with electricity. They work towards replacing every kerosene lantern with clean, safe and bright light. D.Light recently won the Ashden Award for Sustainable Energy 2010 and is an Acumen Fund investee.
- A visit to Jaipur Foot (www.jaipurfoot.org), the world’s largest provider of aids and appliances to the physically challenged. Mr. Metha, the founder of Jaipur Foot, won the Goverment of India's third Highest Civilian Award, The Padma Bhushan in 2008.
- A visit to Goonj (www.goonj.org), an innovative waste-recycling organisation. Starting in 1998 with 67 items of personal clothing, Goonj is now channelling more than 40,000 kgs of material every month for disaster relief and making recycled products. Anshu Gupta, the founder of Goonj, is an Ashoka Fellow and won the World Bank’s Development Market Place Award in May 2007.
- A visit to Dhriiti (www.dhriiti.org), which builds entrepreneurial capacities of young people rural and semi urban communities in India. It aims at reducing unemployment in the country by setting up sustainable small-scale enterprises. The founders of Dhriiti won Paragon Fellowships at Asia Pacific Level in 2009.
We will be selecting up to 20 leaders to take part in the experience. Previous participants have included senior leaders in the private, public and civil society sectors, social entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, policy makers, philanthropists and academics.
What you can get from the journey
- Inspiration from some of India's most exciting social entrepreneurs
- Practical insights on innovation, leadership and new business models to accelerate your career and your organisation’s growth
- Valuable new connections and membership of an alumni network of 200+ international socially-conscious leaders
- New perspective on how you can create greater profit and impact in the world
From $4,700 / £2,900 all-inclusive.
We have a tiered fee structure that enables leaders from different backgrounds and sectors to take part, including a limited number of discounted scholarship places for exceptional individuals that are genuinely unable to meet the full fee.
How to apply
Places are strictly limited, so we strongly recommend registering your interest early to avoid disappointment. Please click the button below to do so.
The early-bird deadline is 31 July 2012.
- Trevor LynnFounderMow & Grow and award-winning social entrepreneur"The journey opened my eyes to opportunities I had never considered before"
"It helped establish a confidence in me as a leading social innovator among my peers. I would highly recommend it... changed my life."