Mumbai Social Enterprise Journey & Sankalp Summit, April 2012
Express your interest now
- Be inspired by some of Mumbai's most exciting social entrepreneurs
- Get practical insights on innovation, leadership and new business models to accelerate your career and your organisation’s growth
- Make valuable new connections
- Entry to the Sankalp Summit included
Join a group of international leaders for a unique 3-day immersive journey with some of Mumbai's most exciting social enterprises. You'll take part in site visits where you'll meet the founders of each venture, their staff and beneficiaries; you'll discuss, debate and reflect with your fellow participants; and you'll leave inspired, connected and better equipped to create profit and impact in your work.
- A visit to MediAngels (www.mediangels.com), whose vision is to become the world's pre-eminent eHospital. Specialised medical advice is given by a team of 300+ doctors from around the world to 8,000 currently registered patients for fees ranging from Rs 250 to Rs 5,000. It has received private equity funding of Rs 2.5 Crore from HDFC and is currently in the process of raising a further Rs 25+ Crore. MediAngels is a Sankalp Finalist for 2012.
- A visit to Priyadarshini, a unique cab service run by women in Mumbai. Priyadarshini is a Sankalp Finalist for 2012.
- A visit to Barrier Break Technologies (www.barrierbreak.com), whose mission is to bring accessibility to India. BarrierBreak provides accessible web development, accessibility testing, PDF & Digital Talking Book Conversion and a range of other services. Founder Shilpi Kapoor is the recipient of the NCPEDP Shell Helen Keller Award 2008.
- A visit to Under The Mango Tree (www.utmt.in), a hybrid social enterprise that markets a variety of gourmet honey and related products to support rural livelihoods. Since 2007, Under The Mango Tree has impacted the lives of over 14,000 individuals across India providing mainstream market access to small beekeeper-farmers, in addition to directly training famers in beekeeping. UTMT was a Sankalp Finalist in 2009 and is an investee of Firstlight Ventures and UnLtd India.
- Private talk and dinner with Vineet Rai, founder of Aavishkaar and Intellecap.
- Entry included to the Sankalp Summit (www.sankalpforum.com), one of Asia’s largest collaborative platforms to bring together social enterprises, impact investors, policy makers, academicians, and other market makers. The Summit starts immediately after the journey.
We will be selecting up to 15 leaders to take part in the experience. Previous participants in our journeys have included senior leaders in the private, public and civil society sectors, social entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, policy makers, philanthropists and academics.
What you can get from the journey
- Inspiration from some of Mumbai's most exciting social entrepreneurs
- Practical insights on innovation, leadership and new business models to accelerate your career and your organisation’s growth
- Valuable new connections and membership of an alumni network of 200+ international socially-conscious leaders
- New perspective on how you can create greater profit and impact in the world
From Rs 35,000 (approx $700), including entry to the Sankalp Summit.
We have a tiered fee structure that enables leaders from different backgrounds and sectors to take part, including a limited number of discounted scholarship places for exceptional social entrepreneurs.
If you have already registered for the Sankalp Summit, you will be eligible for a discount of Rs 5,000.
How to apply
Places are strictly limited, so we strongly recommend registering your interest early to avoid disappointment. Please click the button below to do so.
In partnership with
Vinay NairExecutive DirectorJPMorgan"I can’t speak highly enough of the journey"
"I took great inspiration from meeting people with a similar personal and/or professional background to me, now using their skills and passion to make sustainable and large-scale impact. It really was a prodigious experience."
Kelly LauberGlobal Director of Strategic PlanningNike Corporate Responsibility"The experience was amazing!"
"The journey had a profound impact for our organization. It helped re-focus our social investment strategy, moving from simply check writing to more of a social venture capitalist approach."
Biplab DasDirectorCredit Suisse"Great value for money. The journey delivered more than promised and more than anticipated."
"As a result of coming on the journey, I am discussing a new collaborative effort in the financial access arena with a potential partner in India."